When it comes to the cultivation of marijuana, one of the most important is to have the best propagation kit. It exists in many forms and styles, but there is a common goal – to help you get started easily on the right foot. The propagation kit will ensure that it won’t take long before the seeds will sprout and will be instrumental in the overall health of your plant.
It should be pointed out, however, that not all propagation kits can deliver the same outcomes. This post will help to narrow down the options that are available, lessening the frustration of growing cannabis on your own. Whether you are a novice or an expert in weed cultivation, these kits will hold a lot of promise.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Propagation Kit for Growing Weed
- #1 (Editors’ Choice) Super Sprouter Deluxe
- #2 (Best Hot House for Seedlings) Hydrofarm CK64060
- #3 (Best Basic Propagation Kit) EarlyGrow 70738
- #4 (Best Germination Trays) KORAM 10-Pack Seed
- #5 (Best Rooter Tray) General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter
- #6 (Best Starter Trays) 9GreenBox – Seedling Starter Trays
- #7 (Best Propagation Station) SeedFactor Germination Station Heat Mat
- #8 (Best Propagation Kit with Light) Super Sprouter Premium
- #9 (Best Germination Kit with Light) Yield Lab Plastic
- #10 (Best Cloning Propagation Kit) PowerGrow Systems Deluxe
- #11 (Best Propagation Dome Tray) Vivosun Germination Kit
- #12 (Best Small Propagation Kit) SunBlaster Mini Greenhouse Kit
- How to Make your Own Humidity Dome
- Tips and Tricks for Successful Propagation
- Wrap Up
Top 10 Propagation Kit for Growing Weed
#1 (Editors’ Choice) Super Sprouter Deluxe
This set is a little cheaper than the Premium Propagation Kit from Super Sprouter as it doesn’t include the heat mat, but it still gives you the dome with built-in light track channels, the grow light, tray, and instruction booklet to get you well on your way. It also has some vents so that you can control the humidity inside. From the moment you receive this product you can get to work and watch your seeds and cuttings come to life.
#Propagation_kit #Seeds #Cuttings #Propagation #Germination_kit
#2 (Best Hot House for Seedlings) Hydrofarm CK64060
This simple set up can handle up to 72 seeds at the same time, and with its 7.5-inch dome, it can handle those seeds that get off to a good start and grow tall. There is a watertight base tray and an all-important heat mat which will keep your seedlings cozy and protected. The only con of this product is that it doesn’t include a grow light, but for the price, you can’t really complain.
#Heat_mat #Hot_house #Propagation_kit #Seedlings #Germination_kit
#3 (Best Basic Propagation Kit) EarlyGrow 70738
The pros of this product are numerous, it can be used both indoor and outdoor, it will protect your precious seedlings from insects and protect them from the weather. It is also incredibly durable and the big size of the dome means that any flourishing seedlings won’t be restricted. Once the lid is on it can be a little tricky to remove so make sure you take extra care when opening.
#Propagator_kit #Seedlings #Protection #Cuttings #Germination
#4 (Best Germination Trays) KORAM 10-Pack Seed
There are many pros to this simple but excellent seed tray, particularly; the excellent drainage which encourages rapid growth; the easy transferability once developed; the excellent humidity lid that also maintains consistent temperatures; and the cheapness, all-in-all you get 10 complete 6-cell trays. One con is that they are a little easy to break at times when transferring your plants, but with 10 to play with, plenty will be reusable.
#Seedling_Tray #Germination #Seedlings #Clones #Cannabis_Seeds
#5 (Best Rooter Tray) General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter
The major benefits of this product are: that you get everything in one pack to get your seeds started; the nutrients encourage rapid and healthy growth; the pot design provides the perfect climate for strong growth, and; you have over 50 tray cells to play with. On the other hand, as this tray is all in one, it can make it slightly more tricky to manoeuvrer your plants out of the tray once they are ready and it is is more costly than just getting the trays.
#Rooter_Tray #Seedling_Tray #Seedlings #Clones #Nutrients
#6 (Best Starter Trays) 9GreenBox – Seedling Starter Trays
The major pros of these trays are that; the cells are pliable making it easy to wiggle out seedlings without damaging their roots; they are cheap but plentiful; they are specially designed for optimum temperature for seedlings and provide excellent drainage, and; are surprisingly sturdy. On the other hand, they are not quite as well designed as the Koram starter trays on this list and can be a little wobbly.
#Starter_Trays #Seedlings #Clones #Germination #Cannabis_Seeds
#7 (Best Propagation Station) SeedFactor Germination Station Heat Mat
The mat comes with a waterproof construction, which is why there is no need to worry that it will get wet. You can water the plant without being concerned that the water will infiltrate and damage the mat. Aside from being fully-waterproof, the cover also comes with a multi-layer construction, making it possible to withstand the test of time.
Depending on how many plants you have, there are four sizes that are available. The smallest has an area of 3.5×21 inches while the largest is 48×20 inches.
To add, the mat meets the MET standards, providing an assurance of its safety. It is fire-proof and waterproof. It is also energy-efficient.
#8 (Best Propagation Kit with Light) Super Sprouter Premium
One of the highlights of this propagation kit is the presence of a T5 light. The latter mimics the natural heat of the sun, which is important to trigger photosynthetic activity. The light output is not too extreme, making sure that the plants will not end up being burnt.
If you are a newbie, there is also no need for you to be worried. It comes with the Art of Propagation booklet, which will provide you with insights on everything that you have to know to start on the right foot.
Meanwhile, similar to the other options that are mentioned in this post, it also comes with a heated mat to regulate the temperature for the right internal environment to trigger the germination of seeds.
#9 (Best Germination Kit with Light) Yield Lab Plastic
It is also a good thing that it comes with a clear plastic dome. The latter will make it easy to monitor the growth of the plants in the absence of having to lift the cover, making it easy to maintain the ideal environment for the growth of the plant. The dome comes with two vents on the top, which will come handy if there is a need for ventilation.
#10 (Best Cloning Propagation Kit) PowerGrow Systems Deluxe
The kit is also inclusive of five spray nozzles with 360-degree coverage, making sure that it will be able to provide the water that the plant needs.
More so, it comes with a heavy-duty pump that is capable of pumping up to 160 gallons per hour. There is also an upgraded suction to improve its reliability.
To complete the cloning kit, you will also receive a small jar of cloning gel and detailed instructions on how you can proceed.
#11 (Best Propagation Dome Tray) Vivosun Germination Kit
The digital thermostat is another thing that gives it an advantage over many others you can find in the competitive landscape. The thermostat comes with a display that makes it easy to monitor the temperature. There are also strategically positioned buttons that will allow you to effortlessly set the temperature based on the requirements of the plant. It maintains the ideal temperature range, which is from 68 to 108 degrees Fahrenheit.
Meanwhile, with the included heat mat, you can be confident that the plants will receive the right level of heat, even when it is indoors and cannot be reached by the sun.
#12 (Best Small Propagation Kit) SunBlaster Mini Greenhouse Kit
Included in this kit is the dome to keep your plants cozy, a fluorescent grow light, a tray and a detailed instruction booklet on the art of propagation. With this set up you can create the perfect environment for your seeds to flourish and let the propagation kit do the hard work. The only con of this product is the size, as it is on the small size, it is best for use on smaller projects.
#Propagation_kit #Seeds #Cuttings #Propagation #Germination_kit
How to Make your Own Humidity Dome
When it comes to a propagation kit, especially one that comes with a dome, one of the most important is to have the right level of humidity, making sure that the environment is ideal for the growth of the plant. With this, if you are interested in a humidity dome DIY, here are the simple steps that you have to follow:
- The first thing that you need is to have two identical Tupperware. Put the cover of the first Tupperware and place the other one on the top with the open part being at the bottom.
- Use a glue gun to seal the Tupperware on the top to the lid. Make sure that the glue does not touch the bottom Tupperware.
- Remove the Tupperware on the top. At this point, the lid should already be glued into it. Cut the edge of the lid to remove the inner part.
- For the other Tupperware, tape the edges. Spray it with a black paint and take off the tape.
- Mist the bottom and put the plants inside. Put the other Tupperware on the top, which will now act as a dome. Open it every now and then depending on the ventilation that is needed to maintain the right level of humidity.
Tips and Tricks for Successful Propagation
Especially for beginners, a lot can be intimidated by the use of a propagation kit. While the manufacturer may provide detailed instructions, this is not enough. With this, here are some hacks and tips that many of you will find useful.
- Take note that there are generally two ways by which you might want to propagate marijuana – clones or seeds. Seeds will take quite some time because you have to start from scratch. Clones, on the other hand, can be quicker, but this is a meticulous process that requires your attention for success.
- You also need to know the time for seed germination. More often than not, in the case of seeds, within 36 to 96 hours, the root tip will pop out. The root hairs will be visible within two weeks and will grow within 21 to 30 days.
- To prompt the seeds to germinate, one of the most important things that you have to do is to soak it in water. The penetration of moisture will help in activating the dominant hormones. This also softens the seed coat and makes it easier for the root hairs to grow.
- The right temperature will also be crucial in propagation. This is the reason why propagation kits include a heat mat. Generally speaking, weed will grow best when the temperature range is from 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature is too low, the germination can be delayed. If it is too high, on the other hand, seed chemistry can be affected and the quality of the marijuana will most likely be compromised.
- Pay attention to the health of the mother plant. If you start with an unhealthy seed or clone, expect that the outcomes will be equally frustrating. Buy seeds only from trusted sellers.
- Especially for cloning, make sure that you use only sterile equipment. Using dirty scissors can cause pathogens to transfer to the healthy plant and will make it suffer.
Indeed, the best plant propagation kits will be important for any weed cultivator. It helps to make the process of growing marijuana a lot easier, increasing the likelihood that the seeds will germinate successfully. Keep an eye on the products that have been mentioned above and it will be easier to succeed in propagation!