Have you tried indoor gardening?
Have you been frustrated with the outcomes?
Did your plants end up wilting and dying?
The best 1000w LED grow lights can be your savior! It mimics the natural sunlight, providing plants with the nutrients that it needs even when they are grown in an indoor environment.
With the use of a grow light, gardening can be more rewarding and less frustrating! Even if you are a novice, this can improve the quality of the plants that you are growing. No green thumb necessary!
If you are asking what is the best 1000w LED grow light but still haven’t found the answer, let me help you with this guide!
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Use a Grow Light?
- Why Choose LED Grow Lights?
- How Far Should You Position 1000W Grow Lights from the Plant
- How to Take Care of Your LED Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best 1,000W LED Grow Light
- Top Picks for 1,000w LED Grow Light
Why Should You Use a Grow Light?
When you have an indoor garden or a greenhouse, a grow light should be seen as a necessity and not a mere luxury. It is an essential and not one that is optional.
In case you do not know, a grow light provides an artificial light source to plants that cannot be reached by the sun, primarily because they are grown indoors or in an enclosed environment. It emits light that is necessary for photosynthesis.
Grow lights can also come handy during extended winter or in places where it is usually cold and the sun is not usually out. If the plants do not receive the right amount of light, they can suffer from various problems, such as being spindly and not bearing flowers.
Why Choose LED Grow Lights?
There are many types of grow lights, but LED is the preferred choice for many people. To be specific, this post talks about 1,000W grow lights with LEDs. They provide higher intensity while being energy-efficient. LED is also known to be long-lasting, unlike others that will quickly ask for a replacement.
How Far Should You Position 1000W Grow Lights from the Plant
One thing that should not be ignored when it comes to the installation of LED grow lights would be its distance from the plant. If it is too near, it can lead to a variety of problems, one of the most serious would be light bleaching. This will limit the growth of the plant, doing more harm than good.
Although LEDs do not generate as much heat as the other types of grow lights, such as HIDs, this does not mean that you can position it too close to the plant. Ideally, it should be 26 to 42 inches away from the top part of the plant.
How to Take Care of Your LED Grow Lights
Even if you have the best grow lights, you still need to pay attention to proper care and maintenance, which will be vital in maximizing its performance and prolonging its lifespan. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Use a glass cleaner to keep it in perfect condition. Before doing this, however, make sure that the light is turned off and unplugged.
- Make it a habit to wipe the lights or dust it off. When dust accumulates on the surface, the intensity of the light emitted can be affected.
- The right position and location of the grow lights will also be a critical concern. Place it in a room where there is not too much moisture.
- Make sure that the lights are properly connected. Pay attention to all the wirings and provide the right electrical requirements.
How to Choose the Best 1,000W LED Grow Light
As you try to narrow down your list of possibilities, here are some of the most important factors that you need to take into consideration:
- Energy-Efficiency: This will be determined by the wattage of the light that you will choose. The lower the wattage, the lower is the amount of energy that it consumes. A light with low wattage is ideal for large indoor gardens as it can lead to huge long-term savings.
- Color: If you think that the color of the LED light is just all about the looks, you have to think again. It actually serves a deeper purpose. The color of the light dictates the wavelength that it produces, measured in nanometers. This defines the spectrum of the light. During the vegetative phase, blue light is more beneficial. Meanwhile, red light is needed during the flowering stage.
- Coverage: This is another important consideration, especially for large indoor gardens. You need to make sure that the light generated can cover the entire area. Otherwise, when some plants are not reached, they won’t be able to maximize the benefits of having LED grow lights.
- Cooling System: LED grow lights can be prone to overheating especially when used for an extended period. This makes it important to have cooling fans, providing ventilation that is necessary to prevent the production of too much heat. This prolongs the useful life of the light while also ensuring the health of the plant.
Top Picks for 1,000w LED Grow Light
Here, we will list down some of the brands and models that will make gardening a lot easier. Let there be light! However, not just any light would suffice! Keep an eye on these products and you will easily make the right decision.
#1 King Plus 1000W LED Grow Light
The king of LED grow lights – this is how I would personally call this product. It has many positive reviews and packed with top-notch features, making it an option that will be hard to rival.
It has 100 pieces of LEDs, each with 10 watts. When they work together when the light is turned on, you can expect nothing but the best! It uses a full-spectrum light, which is highly recommended during the flowering and vegetative stages of your plant.
The coverage area is 3.4 x 3.8 feet. However, it is important to note that this may differ depending on the plants that you are growing and their size.
Aside from the LED grow light, the kit is also inclusive of a six-foot power cord and a hanging hook that makes its installation a snap to accomplish.
Buying this product is risk-free! The manufacturer is offering a money-back guarantee for a period of 30 days. More so, it also comes with a three-year warranty, which should be enough to provide you with peace of mind.
#2 BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light
For mid-sized to large indoor gardens, this light will make it possible to mimic the energy that the sun provides. It has been developed by indoor growers for indoor growers.
One thing that makes this an exceptional product is the Dual Chip Technology. This makes it brighter compared to most of the low-powered grow lights, making it offer better efficiency. It has full spectrum lights that will give the same effects as a natural sunshine and will be great for all growth stages of the plant that you are cultivating.
It has a powerful fan cooling system, which, unlike other inferior products, operate without making a loud noise. This means that it will never be annoying! It produces heat within the range of 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit, which allows the light to stay cool.
The power and performance of this product are comparable to 600-watt HPS, with the major difference being the fact that it only has 185 watts. Despite this, it has a large coverage area.
#3 Dimgogo 1000W LED Grow Light
This is another option with wide-range of applications. Whether it is for growing weed, greenhouse cultivation, and flower exhibition, among other things, it can prove to be a promising option.
Similar to most of the options that you can find on the market, it also has 10-watt LEDs, which are capable of providing more intense light compared to lights with lower wattage in the absence of having to worry that it will produce too much heat that can damage your plants.
The energy-saving feature of the light is also a plus as it consumes only approximately 185 watts. It does not matter if you leave it on for an extended period, it will not cause a surge in your electricity bill.
It also comes with an efficient cooling system. There are two fans that are incorporated in the unit. A heat sink is also provided. These features allow it to manage the heat that can be generated.
#4 Hi-Grow Optical Lens Series 1000W LED Grow Light
The price can be quite steep for some buyers, but this should not be an issue given the fact that it can deliver unparalleled performance to make gardening easier for you.
This light comes with 200 pieces of LEDs, each with five watts. It is 12-band dull spectrum and will be great during the vegetative and flowering stage.
It comes with a high-speed quiet fan, which is faster by as much as three times compared to what you can find in the cheaper alternatives.
The versatility that can be offered by this light is one more thing that should be highlighted. There is an easy-access switch, which will allow you to choose the spectrum of the light depending on the growth stage of the plant where it is used.
If you are still not convinced that this is a great option, you might have a change of mind after knowing that it comes with a 3-year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
#5 HIGROW 1000W LED Grow Light
This model comes with 100 pieces of 10-watt LEDs. Despite this, the energy consumption only ranges from 110 to 120 watts, making it one of the best choices if you are after efficiency.
With the UV function that can be yielded from this light, it will help to get rid of bacteria and contaminants that will have a negative impact on the health of the plant throughout its growth. The IR function, on the other hand, aids in cell division, which will come handy during the vegetative and flowering stage of the plant.
The overheat protection of the grow light is also impressive, which is made possible by the two cooling fans.
In sum, the best 1000w LED grow light is an indoor gardener’s best friend! It mimics the energy of the sun in an enclosed environment, providing an assurance that your plants will be healthy. Nonetheless, not all lights are the same, so better limit your choices to the five products that we have briefly discussed in this guide.